View Single Post
Old 08-10-16, 06:25 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Plus you never own stuff you "bought". You cannot sell it second hand. You cannot inherit it. You are exposed to a centralised external power that can decide by the press of a button to free you from the burden to have this or that game. And it can force-feed broken updates on you (like Windows 10...), like Fallout players currently once again experience...

I hate Steam. Its just almost impossible to avoid it, if you do not want to quite gaming. I prefer to actually own stuff I paid for, and I like to have the ultimate control on updating (or not).

If you read tech blogs, you can see that all this has become a tremendous problem with Windows 10 enforced updating. Wherever I look - the vast majority of system admins hate it. Especially the amount of overtime they need to work in order to find improvised, time-intensive workaround for the many things broken and things it breaks with every new update.

No, I do not like DRM, and external software and system control one bit.

Steam sounds comfortable. But it is not essential. Not at all. And it has reduced consumers' options and consumers rights. That people celebrate this, just illustrates how mad modern world has become.