View Single Post
Old 12-20-17, 12:19 AM   #5
greyrider
Watch Officer

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 0

i made a mission to test the range of the hydrophones, shortly after sh4 was released, becus knowing its range is kind of important, and i found the range to be 18.3nm.
that is a constant, its always 18.3nm. even with the latest radars in late war, your longest sensor range will be with the hydrophones.
in real life, the hydrophone listening range would vary from day to day, in the book "clear the bridge" by richard okane, one day, the sound man picked up the sound of distant depth charging in the yellow sea,
after awhile, he determined that the depth charging was 58 miles away, that could only have been found by triangulation.
i'm not aware of any mod that tweeked the hydrophone range, i run with trigger maru, like stock sh4, in trigger, its 18.3nm.
Her gun crew had guts, however, for from her canting bow came a half dozen well-aimed rounds. How they pointed and trained their gun on that tilting platform will long remain a wonder, and their dedication in keeping up the fire until they went under would be a matter of pride to any nation.

O'Kane, Richard. Clear the Bridge!: The War Patrols of the U.S.S. Tang
greyrider is offline   Reply With Quote