View Single Post
Old 12-21-12, 08:45 AM   #4
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I also had trouble with D2D activation using the U-Boat Missions upgrade for my version 1.0 boxed version of SH4. Modding gets you into all kinds of trouble with the original game files and I regularly had to reinstall a fresh copy when things got screwy. I also kept a saved copy of the upgrade download when needed, but like you, the activation would fail. My solution was to simply call tech support at D2D, and a "real" person would take the call.....work his magic on his end.....and the next time I tried the activation it went through. I did this several times without a hitch.

When I learned D2D passed off their work to Gamefly I decided not to open any more can of worms. I looked for a CD version of the Gold Edition and found it on iNetvideo for under $9.00. Received it within 3 days of purchase. I see the price has dropped since I purchased, down to under $8.00 now!

Still higher than buying SH5 for only $6.49 (tells you which game is more desired).

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote