CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexloma View Post
Thanks, found a link that helps:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149258

CfgDate in the .mis file seems to be the issue. I notice that if I edit the .mis file via Notepad (for example), change CfgDate and save then I'm good to go; but if I subsequently edit the .mis file via Mission Editor and save it changes CfgDate back again. Guess I have to remember not to use ME after manually changing CfgDate via Notepad.

Still don't understand why other missions I see have fully-populated pulldown options of which sub class to use on that mission...
You're kind of mixing two different things together, and expecting them to work the same. The Sub School missions are a bit different than the Campaign Missions that you'll get in-game.

First off, when making a mission you need to have whatever mod (or group of mods) you intend to use "activated" in-game before opening the ME. The ME takes info directly from the modded files to use in any new missions....if those files are changed in any way (like having a mod removed from the game before playing the mission that uses the modded files) you'll have trouble.

Secondly, the game files don't allow for a specific sub to enter the game (like a Balao which has a late war entry date) until that date is set in the mission. The Sub School missions are set to a certain date and time of day. You'll not see the Balao in a 1942 mission, no matter if its in the sub school or Campaign missions.

To do what you want make a separate sub school mission to include the correct date of mission to cover the specific sub you wish to use.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote