View Single Post
Old 05-29-10, 11:39 PM   #26
Plunger
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
You're not alone here, I have the same problem, the game itself is squashed horizontally so circles look like eggs, the opposite to the old WS mod, I have an ATI HD4850 with Digital/HDMI connection to a Samsung 2433BW LCD monitor, not sure if it is an ATI problem or digital/analog (VGA/HDMI) problem. If I take a snapshot that shows perfect circles, so it has to be a scaling problem, how to fix this I don't know.
Yes, if I take a screenshot it's like you say! But try installing 10.3 ATI Catalyst ( I am not sure if all those "updated" drivers like 10.4 or 10.5 bring a real improvement anyway ...) and before starting the game, change your monitor resolution to 1360*768 (1360*768 on your monitor, not in the .ini file, you'll just have to leave that file untouched, it already has 1360*768 settings, but you should match the monitor resolution to the one in .ini file) and after that start the game with that mod enabled! It works for me this way, I don't have any of the two kind of eggs anymore when I do that. It's very unscientifically, but it works!

If you want to make a correct uninstallation/installation of ATI Catalyst, first you should install a free software, called Driver sweeper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ then uninstall the current Catalyst that you are using, reboot in safe mode (F8), use Driver Sweeper to clean all ATI traces, reboot again and install the desired ATI Catalyst driver version.

About the key commands, are they OK in your installation?

Last edited by Plunger; 05-29-10 at 11:49 PM.
Plunger is offline   Reply With Quote