View Single Post
Old 02-22-06, 09:43 PM   #1
SubSerpent
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Anyone remember M1A1 Abrams Battle Tank (Sega Genesis)

I think that was my first tank sim. That was actually one addicting game and way ahead of its time I always thought. I remember the 'KA-CRACK' sound everytime a tank was destroyed and seeing all the debris flying up in the air and twirling down. Of course after playing it for awhile and then switching to the better graphical and more in-depth sims for the PC (mostly chopper games at first for me), I stopped playing consoles and forgot about some of the great games that they used to offer. Of course now looking at the graphics of the sim, the tanks seem to look more like cardboard boxes and no moving treads than actual tanks. But it was a fun game and got me involved with other sims.

I think the next one to get me hooked onto naval games was Genesis's 688 Attack Sub. Don't really remember what it was about the game that actually got me addicted to naval warfare since the game had no real graphics to it whatsoever except for two 2 dimensional non-animated screens. One of the interior of a US 688 Attack sub and the other of a Russian Alpha Class Attack sub. You really had to use your imagination when playing it and watching movies like 'The Hunt For Red October' always helped. Just look at how far we've come in 10-20 years of sim games. Man I feel old now!