Old 10-13-19, 11:02 AM   #1534
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 848
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldR View Post
Hi,

SH3Weather1.5: Could you give more details about this thing? Can it work with any SH3 installation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudewarrior View Post
I was talking to BK last night for me/this morning for him. He mentioned that SH3Weather was something he was putting in as an option in the S3C revision. I would recommend that we avoid that app altogether.

I had two problems with it. I kept experimenting by starting at the beginning of the war, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or if it was the number of missions or some such. The first curiosity was on the third mission I would be traveling to west of the UK. As I got by Norway, it would just CTD.

The other problem was that when I would log back into the game, upon loading my sub would instantly crash dive to 1000m and hit "bottom". It would do it super fast, faster than ahead flank in full dive. There would also be some weird graphical glitch where I couldn't view anything other than the command room and I couldn't really move the view around.

I also noticed some peculiarities in how save games were logged in the main menu portion of the game. I don't remember the specifics, but some information was either missing or duplicated on the screen.

About the time I finally got frustrated enough to ditch it, h.Sie and Stiebler both came out with their weather fixes, so I started using those and moved on.

Haven't seen the problem since.