View Single Post
Old 01-06-17, 09:01 PM   #7
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Well this has made me even more paranoid/worried about turning the computer on. Maybe I should turn it on without an internet connection.
I am still running on my old computer, maybe I should download the software ( Spybot Anti-Beacon.) on to a usb stick and plug that into the new machine at startup. Does it have to be online when starting Win 10?

The dealer said that most machines will not allow the installation of an older windows version or even Linux, I wonder if this computer will or won't allow other operating systems.
I did search for a Win 7 system before I selected this one but basically only a few old slow machines were available in only a few stores.
My Galaxy S4 has an older version of Android (kit-kat) and is great compared to the newer versions, I can actually turn auto updates off.
I was hoping for some sort of positive response regarding Windows 10 but there doesn't seem to be any.
Wow! You've been fed a couple of shovels of fresh horse squeeze there by the dealer.

Older versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Linux can be installed on every computer I've ever seen, including my HP all in one with the most vicious BIOS setup I've ever seen.

As a matter of fact, after you throw the right switches, you can pull the hard drive out of your old computer, install it into your new one and just boot up! You would probably have to reactivate Windows over the phone and you'd be good to go. However I wouldn't recommend running XP today. Windows 7 is best if you want to stay with Microsoft.

You're dealing with less than astute people where you bought your new machine.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote