View Single Post
Old 10-10-16, 06:29 PM   #318
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Something like this? Narrower between ladders, less squared and a bit narrower also outside ladders following hull curves =)

Sort of. The lower deck is okay, but the two upper decks should be even more flat and narrow. Compare your screenshot with the picture of the model posted by Jeff:

The straight portions on each side are wider than in your model (two and three railing units respectively), and the projection of the bended portion after doesn't even reach the ideal line joining the lower portions of the two ladders on each side

Quote:
ps nota that third funnel, masts, wires and first couple of lilfeboats (the brown-top couple) are now external objects included in a library!! IT WORKS!!
Of course it does

Quote:
ps i've tryed to solve shadowing problem but still unsolved... maybe someone can help me in this btw at moment i'm working on add reflections to library objects..
Send your working files my way I and I will see what I can do. Preferably in obj or 3ds format, together with the dat file that you want the meshes to be imported in.

P.S: before we start messing with the shadowing of the stern, have you noticed that the stern profile in Jeff's picture is narrower and sharper than it is in your model? The changes required might actually mitigate the problem, rendering any other tweak useless

Last edited by gap; 10-10-16 at 06:46 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote