View Single Post
Old 03-06-08, 02:49 PM   #1
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7
Default Mission question

I just started playing with the mission editor. I have the sh3me_userguide but there are a lot of things I don't understand. Working on it.
But one question I have, is it possible to make a ship move at a certain time. For example, if there was a ship or several ships in a harbor and we recieved a intelligence report that they were leaving at a certain time and wanted to assign a sub to intercept, would that be possible? I have tried it and had the entry date at the time I wanted them to start moving. Then I ran it in the mission editor and they eventually moved, but the TC was way up and instead of moving at the entry time they moved much later. I had the TC at 16k and they moved in two minutes. I had the start of the mission at 13:15 and the entry for the ship at 13:40 just to test it and that is what happened. In game sometimes they moved, sometimes they didn't.

I would like to thank Ubi for having a help button that says "Silent Hunter 4 Mission Editor" that helped a lot!

Is there any other manuals for this or tutorials you can point me to. Much more confusing than the editor in my flight sim. I am starting to read through this forum and hopefully can find some good info.

Edit: I just opened the Battle off Samar mission to see if I could learn from it, and only one group moves. Yet in game they all do. What triggers the movement in game? Why is only one moving in the editor?

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 03-06-08 at 03:12 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote