View Single Post
Old 04-18-10, 04:03 PM   #6
Placoderm
Soundman

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilko View Post
Not sure to be honest bud a friend from work lent me the game it seems a legit copy though? gutted i was just starting to enjoy the game!
Seeing as the DRM does not have a "lending to friends" feature, and unless your "friend from work" also "lent" you his secure username and password to access the Ubisoft servers...Chances are that you are indeed trying to run an illegitmate (i.e. "pirated, "stolen", "illegal", "borked", et al) copy of the game.

If you were not aware of this and if this was indeed a simple oversight on your part due to ignorance of copyright law, then I would advise you to remove said software from your computer immediately and not ask advice from the same people on here who have to endure the inconveniences of DRM specifically because of other people who get "lent" games from "friends from work".

If, on the other hand, you routinely get "lent" games from "friends at work", and do not see anything wrong with doing so...then you are the specific cause of why I and the rest of us legitimate purchasers of this game need a freaking 24/7 online connection to play a game for which I/we have already spent my/our money on.

I tend to think that if your "friend from work" had indeed purchased his copy, he would be well aware of his inability to "lend" it to anyone...and so I can fairly confidently assume that he has no more of a legitimate version of the game than you do, and at best he got "lent' the game from someone else who likely got the game "lent" from someone else...and so on and so on.

That would make you and him and the "friend from work" that he got his from: -----> 's

I do hope I am wrong, and that your friend and anyone at work that he "lent" his game to are just monumental idiots. Chances are, though, that I am right on the money.

...And all was good.

"Making a decision to not make a decision would still involve a decision-making process and such a thing has not happened." -sorlim, UBIsoft Community Developer
Placoderm is offline   Reply With Quote