View Single Post
Old 10-05-13, 02:17 PM   #167
Dronston
Lieutenant

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
I have not tried SH3Speech but I have solved a similar problem of how to make speech recognition work with Il-2: 1946 when running a Finnish version of 64-bit Windows 7 Home Edition.

I managed to change my Windows 7 into an English version with this program:

http://www.froggie.sk/

After changing Windows into an English speaking version, all speech recognition programs started working again, like they did before, when I ran XP.

Another solution would be to upgrade your Windows 7 into Professional version. I understand that the Pro version lets you change your system language at will.
If I could I would give you a manly hug ! For me this was the tip of the decade so far!

I prefer an English OS because it helps me to use the international community better when I try to solve computer problems. At the moment I purchased my Dutch OS I didn't really have a choice. I am very happy I have English now, although some of my software is still in Dutch but time will fix that

But this time I got my cake and was able to eat it too!!!!
Indeed voice recognition works now on my pc and I have already ordered my crew to take the ship down to near crush depth and take it back up safely again. It takes a little getting used to but certainly adds to the experience.

Thanks again for that awesome link