View Single Post
Old 02-22-18, 02:13 PM   #27
Blackjack174
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaUAK View Post
I downgraded to WINE 1.9.12 (currently 3.2) and still got the flickering.
So I'm not exactly sure where the issue is.

Barracuda
try to start (and wait ages ) prepending mesa env. variable for software rendering:

LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=true COMMANDTHATSTARTSH3/4HERE

Software rendering still uses mesa and works (but crappy slow with ~4ghz cpu), as is the intel implementation for mesa, so I am pretty sure mesa stack is the culprit here.

Switching radeon cards will probably still use the same vertex? shader compiler with the same errors and issues, apparently these seem to behave differently than the intel/software implementations, but replaying opengl traces shows a lot of shader compiler errors (that could be a wine problem , have to test with native d3d9 dlls), so if the radeon driver path has some more issues with these this could potentially break differently.

Did it at any point in time work ok with any of your cards under wine ?

EDIT: forgot to mention , I also tried wine staging with gallium nine, this rendered my sub interior ok with no flickering but hung my hole graphic stack when getting to the bridge or anywhere else from the first station after mission loads (menu also did not flicker at all), this however bypasses the opengl stack and sends d3d9 calls to the card, hence not the same errors, but in my case I had to shutdown my system using a remote shell
Blackjack174 is offline   Reply With Quote