Old 04-17-07, 08:40 PM   #1
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0
Default New War Patrol scenario

My first mission for SH4: "Tang Rings the Bell"

Mission Briefing:

During five war patrols under the command of Richard H. O'Kane, the Balao class fleet submarine U.S.S. Tang was credited with sinking a total of 31 Japanese ships for a wartime total of 227,800 tons. The victim of a circular running torpedo during her fifth war patrol, only eight members of her crew, including O'Kane, survived to spend the rest of the war in Japanese captivity.

On June 8, 1944, Tang slid away from Pearl Harbor to begin her third war patrol. East China and Yellow Sea areas were her destination. And her patrol was destined to be one of the great convoy-smashers of the war. Officially credited with 10 sinkings for 39,100 tons, O'Kane and her company set a record. No other U.S. submarine sank as many ships during a single war patrol. No other, in one patrol, sank a greater merchant tonnage.

Can you do better?

This is a War Patrol (not 'Quick Mission') so goes in the /Data/SinglePatrols folder.

Because this is the sixth scenario in my SinglePatrols folder, the prefix to my mission's folder and files contained therein is "WP06". If you have a different number of war patrols in your SinglePatrols folder, you will have to rename my folder (and files) accordingly.

Note: If you do change the folder/file names, you will need to open the .tsr file with Notepad and change the reference to the graphic file (#WP06 - Tang Rings the Bell.tga#) to the new name.

http://www.subguru.com/SH4_missions/...s_the_Bell.rar

Many thanks to Binky1st for his guidance in creating the patrol objectives

Enjoy. Comments are most welcome.

Last edited by Bill Nichols; 04-20-07 at 06:29 AM.
Bill Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote