View Single Post
Old 04-09-17, 03:46 AM   #7068
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddriedseaweed View Post
I myself have not experienced these issues with GWX. I did experience them with LSH and resolved them with a hardware upgrade. It looks as though your mods list has been cleared as compatible - so I'll ask what your computer build is:
CPU
Graphics chip and memory size
Main Memory
Hard drive
As we extend the mods of SH3, we have also extended the resources used.
so here is my suggestion:
In addition of wanting to know your computer build, I'd ask for two things -
Run the game as configured and enable ctrl + F8 and get your frame rate as you approach the convoy.
Run your NYGM to a convoy and check your frame rate
One last note: While it may be that your hardware is healthy enough to run the game as configured, could it be that you have components failing?

EDIT: I saw your PC spec in a post. How much memory on the GTX750ti? DDR3 or DDR5?
Hard drive is ???
Something else that MAY help: Give your computer an enema. I recommend Crap Cleaner and or Glary utilities, both of which can be had free. After that, if you have a mechanical hard drive defrag it. If you have an SSD, trim it.
Hi, thanks for your help!
My GTX750ti has 2GB of DDR5 RAM (its gigabyte brand), HD is 1TB Maxtor, mechanical (non SSD).
As for running into convoys on NYGM, i played for several hours last night, attacked 3 convoys without issue (other than getting depthcharged for hours lol), and one of them was quite large, no CTDs, slowdowns, no issues at all.

Only issue i ever had with NYGM, was a few days ago when i tried to use the "wolfpack" feature i got a strange CTD, but i tried it last night and worked without issue.

Now that you mention LSH3, i too recall having some issues with it, but then again i only played it for a little while (too easy for my taste, too slow to load) but i do recall a couple of CTDs there.

As for giving my PC an enema, i will just to be safe, but i usually do it once a month (i use ccleaner), my disk is 0% fragmented according to windows.

I just can firgure out. I am "computer saavy" myself (i work in IT), and i just cant put my finger on it. PC has zero issues outside sh3+GWX, even far more demanding games (xcom2, doom 2016, stellaris, etc) work flawlessly, Visual Studio 2015 runs perfectly, etc. Heck, sh3 works flawlessly! just not with gwx
But then again, tons of people play with GWX without too many problems. Im starting to think that my save files on my campaign are somehow corrupted maybe?
I did try to start new patrols several times, instead of starting on on-sea saved games, but maybe somehow the whole campaign saves are corrupted somehow?

I appreciate you help, will try to solve this issue later, but for now, im gonna play some more with nygm.
thanks!
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote