View Single Post
Old 04-17-08, 12:22 AM   #14
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar Semler
I'd just like to take a minute to thanx all you guys on the GWX team for all the hard work and all the long hours you've spent on the GWX Mod project over the years. It is really an amazimg piece of work! You know, while I'm at it . I would also like to give thanx to all the other modders out there too. Ya'll have made SHIII a great experence. I would guess that without the collective effords from everyone, from
the modders to the players who just like to post their tips and their experences in SHIII, to this forum, I might have switched back to being a FALCON 4.0 pilot again !! If ya ever find yourself in Baltimore Md. let me know. The First beer is on me .

After finishing this current patrol, I plan to update to GWX 2.1. I would still like to use a few aditional mods. They consist of :
  1. Water Stream for U-boats Ver.4
  2. GWX Inhanced Dammage
  3. Improved Smoke Ver. 1.1
  4. the Radio Log Expanded Mod
  5. Torpedo Dammage Final Ver. 2.0
  6. Thomsen's Sound Pack 2
My question is ... ( drum roll please ) ... does anyone know if these mods are compatable with or are incorperated in GWX 2.1 and not needed? For example. I Believe OLC's Environment Mod Final ( which I use now ) is incorperated into GWX 2.1 ( I think I read that right in the txt file that came with that mod ). Well anyway thats about all I have for now. Again many thanx to all. Happy hunting and don't forget me on the beer !! Jerry
@ K. Mohr... You are welcome sir.

@ Doolar Semler

1. Will need to be updated before it is fully compatible with GWX 2.1. It is extremely important that it includes the changes discussed here that addresses a major problem with SH3: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134939

2. That is an included GWX optional mod since version 2.0 that is updated/adjusted with the 2.1 update.

3. Not compatible if it includes anything other than .tga files. If it includes ANY code files it is not compatible.

4. Probably not at the moment. Danurve was good enough to assist with additional radio messages, but I'm not sure how many if any were used/included with the GWX 2.1 update. The 2.1 update includes important messages that need to be retained... that mod would overwrite them.

5. Absolutely compatible.

6. If it contains an "Sh3.sdl" file or any other code files, it is not compatible with GWX 2.1.

Concerning additional "unofficial" mods placed on top of GWX, you may of course use them at your own risk. BE WARNED, just because someone says "mod-x" is compatible does not MEAN that it is ACTUALLY compatible.

From the GWX 2.0 release thread 1st post... our statement:

Notice to Grey Wolves Expansion users:
Use of 'unofficial' add-ons for The Grey Wolves Expansion are not supported by the GWX development team and their use is NOT RECOMMENDED for the inexperienced or casual user. The Grey Wolves development team cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects caused by the subsequent modification of any files made by other modders.

We reserve the right to notify GWX users of any additional mod that breaks GWX features as part of the user support we offer, as well as to recommend a course of action to correct matters for the user.

Secondarily, we cannot be expected to fix 'unofficial' mods placed on top of GWX.

<I'm going to bed now... must be up at 4:30 AM for a shift in surgery. Please be patient guys. We will stay with this thread as long as it takes to include all the bells and whistles.>

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote