View Single Post
Old 03-16-08, 06:50 AM   #15
i_b_spectre
Engineer

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
...if you need to ask where you get the GWX cfg files, then I wonder if you've ever installed them at all :hmm. Of course, one only needs to do this if one uses GWX.
It could be presumed that they must must have been installed previously, otherwise it is unlikely my current GWX/SH3 Cmdr would work as well as it does.

Quote:
It ain't rocket science.
And a good thing too, seeing as how the vast majority doing this are not rocket scientists. I'm not a computer programmer either. The question was asked, by others as well, to avoid a mis-step. We simply asked for clarification in an area that was unclear. At first I thought the GWX cfg file to which you referred was associated with the GWX installation itself, but I now know it is in the SH3 Cmdr file. I don't do this stuff with enough regularity for it to be as obvious as it is to someone who does.

Quote:
And I certainly wouldn't say "you need to reinstall the files" if I knew they'd cause problems...
Nor would I presume such a thing. My caution was based on Danlisa's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Word of caution - I don't think anyone from the GWX team has verified that the configs we host for GWX 2.0 are compatible with Commander 3.0. Well, they'll be compatible but.....you know what I mean.
I appreciate your work, I appreciate your assistance. I will assume some of your response was meant in humor that does not translate well in writing or is due to exhaustion at having to hold so many hands such as mine. It was not my intent to make life more difficult for you and I would like to think it was not your intent to publicly ridicule someone for simply asking a question so they could properly employ and enjoy your fine product.