View Single Post
Old 09-23-18, 10:38 AM   #3
Sephiroth
Seaman

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I understand that, but on my DVD install, with god's-eye view disabled it works like this. Nothing is shown on my map but me and radio reports from other boats, which fade over time. When I close in on an enemy and lock onto it using the UZO or periscope, that one vessel appears on my maps while I am locked onto it OR while I am close enough to be within visual range.

The sonar normally doesn't show anything either, unless I am close enough. If I get close enough that my sonar guy can hear a surface vessel, a line is drawn from my boat on the map extending in the general direction of the vessel. This line is drawn once per rotation of the sonar. If the sonar does not hear it on a rotation, the line disappears.

Again, with the EXACT SAME SETTINGS on my DVD install versus the Steam version, same difficulty, everything, the two installs are working entirely differently. It would be like buying two identical cars. Turning the key in one starts it up, but turning the key in the other does nothing. I've been playing since SH3 came out and what I described above is how it always worked for me and still does using the DVD game. It does NOT work this way in Steam. This is what I am trying to fix.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote