View Single Post
Old 11-18-17, 09:45 AM   #9262
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambla View Post
I agree with that and it's a good point. In terms of realism, we need to realize that there are different player types and approaches:

a) players who like to do only the real tasks of a Kaleun on a U-Boot
b) players who like to do many more tasks that are not necessarily KL tasks (ship ID, navigation tasks etc.)
c) players who like to micromanage basically everything

So we need to differentiate and be careful to consider certain automations/tasks unrealistic.

Personally, I'm type "a" and for example I don't use real navigation. But on the other hand I'd like my navigation officer to use it, to see some random, realistic failures in determing boat position due to bad weather, currents etc.
Different players, i totaly agree with you, mate. The sim should be fun for everybody and the realism selections therefore are individually.

TWoS offers the first time to work with different sectors in the sub and after playing so many years with waypoints, TWoS was a fresh new way of WWII sub sim.

IMO was the automatism from the navigator without using "Real Navigation" unrealistic because the 100% accurate marks on the map are such ones created from a computer without errors and like i said the ships are identified so, so far away like from an eagle eye.

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote