View Single Post
Old 11-07-17, 08:08 PM   #10
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleyman View Post
I hate that TLAM mission. You are right up to the coast in the beginning where it's practically a suicide to start launching cruise missiles.. Especially with 7.5min loading delay so you have to expose yourself three times.

That bear will find you every time. Interestingly it only seems to have one or two torpedoes and some depth charges so it is actually possible to get "away" from it but it'll follow you along while you're doing your exfil in those shallow waters. Dropping sonobuoys with pretty point blank accuracy to boot.

Alternatively you can spend about an hour in real time to get as far away as possible from the target zone.
Yep, I find that in CW launching missiles is the hell tough... As soon as your missile leaves water they know where you are. So helos and missiles are heading to your position. Soon after launch I go to flank speed and dive as low as possible but with low balast and planes down so I get as far away in minimum time.
But despite of that I often get sunk because I have to deal with 3 or more torpedos that drop too near to my position, I can evade them for some time but at some point it's RIP for me...

Currently I'm facing an interesting situation with a Victor III playing the russian side of the campaign (with a mod): I sunk all cargo ships but suddenly my flooding alert pops up, I had to battle against patrols first so I took 2 torpedos and 25% hull only. After some time my repair crew cannot enter the compartment anymore, so I have to navigate on the surface at low speed, but I cannot end the mission without abandoning ship
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote