View Single Post
Old 05-23-16, 12:50 PM   #9
Vince82
Engineer

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
The part I hated most (And actually disabled) from SH3 was the crew management, which the Devs recognized and automated in SH4. So a game mostly centered around this seems risky business, but I'm looking forward to what these guys can do, the presentation so far is no less than impressive.
A lot of sh3 mods are about improving the interior and having more crew. From what I read from the interview 'uboot' crew is automated, but tasks like repairs have to be ordered:

Quote:
How much automation does the crew get? Can the player allow the crew to run the boat, or does he need to manage the duties and direct the crew?
Yes, some basic tasks are performed automatically by your crew. Each crew member has his work assignment that he will do in the first place when his needs are generally met. During the alarm, everyone will go on alert and go to either their work place or, if all slots are occupied already, any other work place on the ship.
They won’t do this optimally though and a good captain will find many ways to optimize the crew assignment to achieve his goals.
Repairs on the other hand is something that always needs to be ordered directly because this uses your spare parts and sometimes you may prefer to leave something broken to save them for more serious failures.
To me it looks like Deep Water Studio is going to put a living and breathing crew on board of our boats with more interaction than ever before. It's more about what kind of a captain you are and the horrors you and the crew are exposed to. An unexperienced crew might break when things get really bad.

My hopes for this game are that the developers will put some realism elements into this game that are missing in other games. Like aircraft suddenly appearing from the clouds and being way more deadly. That way you'll be forced to recharge the batteries at night or stay out of areas where aircraft are to be expected. And when caught cruising on the surface you have to make the right decision: crashdive when you still got some time or take evasive maneuvers and man the flakgun when the plane is too close.
Vince82 is offline   Reply With Quote