View Single Post
Old 10-04-17, 07:19 AM   #1639
Kapten Nemo
Watch

Downloads: 209
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
Hi, I'm flightsimmer . I've been playing Silent Hunter 5 on and off now for a few years and I want to get back in again, I've been using other mods for awhile however this time I want to use this environment mod as well because it looks too beautiful.

I've installed the mods as ordered by sobers mod list so I thought there wouldn't be any issues. However this one is annoying me quite a bit: when diving the bow planes of the sub keeps pointing upwards, and stays stuck. I noticed a couple pages back someone had this problem too, but I'm not clear how he fixed it.
I have the same problem after enable this mod in JSGME, but later I found the simple solution:

- Disable the Environment 15 Mod in JSGME
- Browse to Environment 15 Mod\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboatxxx folder then delete each NSS_Uboatxxx.sim file within NSS_Uboatxxx folder.
- Enable the Environment 15 Mod again in JSGME
- All good.

Seems like that NSS_Uboatxxx.sim file in unit_submarine setting broken and make the sub bow keeps pointing upwards. And voila TWoS compatible

I believe in Sober mod soup, there is other mods that enabled after the Environment 15 Mod and overwrite the data\Submarine\NSS_Uboatxxx\NSS-Uboatxxx.sim file.

The other way is enable this "Stoianm pitch&roll + Real Battery Lifetime + U-boats.cfgs (edited+modified for engine ratio patches) Mod" after "Environment 15 Mod" so the NS_Uboatxxx.sim file been overwrited by "Stoianm pitch&roll + Real Battery Lifetime + U-boats.cfgs (edited+modified for engine ratio patches) Mod" NSS_Uboatxxx.sim file, and we don't have to delete anything.

Kapten Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote