View Single Post
Old 12-20-20, 05:40 PM   #71
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Default A couple of things, tips and tricks...

My Legacy CD copy of SH4 v1.0, v1.4 patch and v1.5 U Boat Missions, installs in a folder "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific". In order to get SH4CMS to play, I have to rename the folder to "Wolves of the Pacific".

For example change

Z:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific

To

Z:\Ubisoft\Wolves of the Pacific

Or

Make a Pristine Un-played copy of your newly installed "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" and rename it "Wolves of the Pacific".

Make a copy to another hard drive, rename it and move it back to the folder that "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" resides in.

After installation you'll need to disable the "Read Only" attribute in the FOLDER Properties of the "Wolves of the Pacific" folder. Uncheck "Read Only" and Apply to "this folder, subfolders and files". This will enable the MultiSH41.5.exe to function properly. If this is not done you will be unable to change the directory the new iteration of SH4 uses in your Documents folder, for example from SH4 to TMO.

After this is done, and the next time you check the folders read only attribute, it will have been reset to "Read Only". IDK but it all works after that.

You must have at least one install folder of "Wolves of the Pacific" in order to get SH4CMS to play. If you have a Steam Install of SH4, you will have to make several .bat file path changes in order to get SH4CMS to play.

It may end up looking like this:

Z:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific
Z:\Ubisoft\Wolves of the Pacific
Z:\Ubisoft\CorruptionManagementSystem

PM me if you need more encouragement and information.

SH4CMS is essential if you are going to play with more than one Supermod.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".

Last edited by Front Runner; 12-20-20 at 08:35 PM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote