Old 04-19-16, 03:05 PM   #36
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Stiebler EnvSim.act version 10.

1. Winds are allowed to rise up to 29.9 m/s, before being simply cut back to 15 m/s for display on screen. Thus, once high winds arise, they can continue for a very long time before falling finally below 15 m/s. It seems to be the advent of high winds that causes the 'precipitations' (fog).

I have finally produced version 10 of my old envsim.act hard-code fix. All my versions of envsim.act have solved problem (1) - the problem that winds can rise up to 29.9 m/s while the game acts as though 15 m/s is the maximum. Version 10 also solves the problem, but by a different mechanism.

I have solved problem (2) above - fault with internal timer - by adding my own timer to measure intervals of game play. At the same time, a new internal game counter keeps forcing the weather code to reset a foggy-storm back to normal weather even if the original code tries to write back the original bad weather (problem (3)).

Stiebler.
Hi, I have some question about weather and torpedo fix from hsie.
You said wins upper 15kmh was allowed, that was the value read by the fix? In your miss thus is allowed? I mean wins could be 20kmh and should be traded only 15 kmh?
If officer says 10kmh wind, is this real? Because I notice I'm having like 50 failure rate for torpedoes, with magnetic trigger at 7,5 or 8 m, so far than modded 15% value.