View Single Post
Old 02-25-08, 09:05 AM   #68
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Do you think would be interesting into this mod the capability(option) to lower-raise anchor in order to stay fastened into some neutral or allied harbour,and conecting lines when docked at port ?
Now that the Pacific will be a lot friendlier place after the war, I would personally like to see functional sub tenders with the ability to rearm/repair/refit at sea. Of course, Manila, Subic Bay, Japanese Ports, et-al will be open for business and the trips into hostile waters will be much shorter in duration, unless you're based at Pearl.

Being able to moor at a dock would just be eye candy, IMHO. Once I get home, I'm ready to award medals/promotions, rearm/refit, and head back out to sea.

I think it would be cool to have some "patrols" where you get to try out a new weapon or piece of equipment before any other boat gets it. Maybe have some cat and mouse games with friendly DDs as part of the operation or target an old freighter with a newly acquired missile.

The boats would also reflect incremental post-war mods like the aft torpedo room being converted into a classified radio intercept room, like on the USS Requin. GUPPY would be the most obvious one.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote