Thread: Falcon 4 BMS
View Single Post
Old 09-07-17, 03:16 PM   #38
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

No worries. Recently there was a thread at the BMS forum about getting more folks involved in the multiplayer community. I commented on how I find many guys want to fly MP, but also want to learn everything first, before they venture online.

Understandable indeed. However, there is just so much to learn, and even knowing what to do isn't the same as actually doing it when you're 30 miles over the FLOT, with seemingly every tone in the library chirping on the RWR and a four-ship of zero aspect Flankers closing at 1200 knots

It's a rewarding journey though if you stick with it. As an aside, I also play and teach guitar, and I see many similarities believe it or not. Most folks want to jump in and either rock out or start blowing stuff up right away, as the case may be. But that just isn't going to happen.

So some give it up and move on to something else. Others stick with it, seeing the value, reward and satisfaction in learning something complex. This isn't a reference in any way to you Red October, and if you're aspiring to be an Air Force pilot I can safely conclude you enjoy challenging yourself.

If you need to contact me for anything feel free, a private message is probably best. I don't hang around subsim all that much these days, but check in regularly. If you are a member at SimHQ or BMS I am on those boards more frequently. We could always hook up for some private hops, and I have a fast machine and connection and host no problem.