Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Take it slowly and be methodical.
Thank you for your very helpful post!

Quote:
Air to air refueling in BMS is hard. And frankly I've never needed to use it in a campaign, even in the Balkans. So you can safely save that training for later. But it's there, it's challenging and worth the effort to be able to do it successfully.
On this, I am curious on how difficult it is because I've done the refueling from both points of view on the actual USAF simulators. I might load up a mission for this (if there is one). Seems like it would be a good test of the new HOTAS and how sensitive it is.

Quote:
Once you feel comfortable flying the jet, using your radar and can deploy some weapons on target, it's time to start a campaign. For a first go I recommend the KTO Tiger Spirit campaign. It's the one that is most set up for success. Myself and the guys I fly with like to fly what we call HARMCAPs early in a campaign. Essentially it is a free hunt with two HARMs and Air to Air missiles. We patrol the front and lob HARMs at radars and try to pick off Red intruders in the air.
Sounds pretty straightforward. I just need to find time to get the training in. I'm spending a lot of time lately working on the paperwork/tests/etc that I need to actually become a USAF pilot. (On top of a full engineering course load) I bought this as kind of a motivation piece. But I can tell it's going to be a lot of fun to play. Sometime in the next couple of weekends I'll be taking a few hours and diving deeper into the takeoff/landing procedures starting from the beginning.

Quote:
Lastly, use Shift-P to 'freeze' the sim. It is pause, but with the ability to still click around in the cockpit. Very useful!
I had looked for this sort of feature but wasn't able to find that. Thank you for letting me know. That will come in handy!

Quote:
Good hunting.