View Single Post
Old 10-08-17, 07:47 AM   #621
Torrance-Smith
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I know I'm rather late in posting this; after all, 0.28 has been released for a year now. Anyways, after playing a bit with the 0.28 patch, I find that the combat system is rather tedious.

Engaging an enemy target usually goes along the line of this:
1. Detect enemy with passive sonar
2. Identify the enemy
3. Check nationality by switching to weapon control
4. Switch back to sonar, because enemies detected by sonar are not tracked on weapon control
5. Depending on the condition, launch torpedo at the heading
(6. If you have to reload a tube, or adjust arming distance, active/passive torpedo, or search pattern, you have to go to weapon control again and back.)

I think a solution would be to make weapon control actually serve its purpose. The sonar should only be used to detect the ship and identify the ship. The information would be then transferred to weapon control, where the vessel would then be able to be targeted. Basically, the sonar would be linked to weapon control similarly to how the periscope is linked to weapon control.

Now, for all this to work, weapon control needs to be revamped. Currently, due the low pixel count, it is rather hard to align your sub towards the target. I suggest showing the bearing of the ship targeted so that firing a torpedo in the right direction would be easier at long range.
That would make my life alot easier too.

Returning to my message earlier this year. Any news about that diplomacy bug?
Torrance-Smith is offline   Reply With Quote