View Single Post
Old 08-15-10, 03:48 PM   #9
arnahud2
Frogman

Downloads: 724
Uploads: 0

Ok, after a few hours testing this moded D3D9.dll, on a laptop fitted with a core duo 2.16 ghz, 3GB ram and a 9200M GS nVidia graphic card (with its owns 512 mo of ram), i could affirm that Badger's Finn D3D9.Dll works fine.

How ?

- Without any mods except GWX3 basis, SH3 FPS is so high that i can set nvidia parameters at nearly max (anti aliasing set to 4, 8XQ or 8X are not really necessary).

- With a lot of "big" graphics mods, such as "FM interior" (with his beautiful diesel room), many of Ace's mods, Sub pens etc, etc and my screen resolution always set to 1280X800 but with none any of antialias : FPS is dramastically lowered, especially with the huge black smoke of an attacked oil tanker (FPS below 8...) or if you navigate in port, with pens...

BUT with Badger Finn's d3D9.dll, there is a significant improvement : same settings as just above, except antialias set to 2X, SH3's FPS drop to 14 with the same attacked oil tanker, or in port (10-12 fps, that's now playable !).

GREAT WORK, Badger

Many, many, many thanks.

@Badger Finn : Is your moded D3D9.dll applicable to others 3D games, like IL2-1946, SH4, DCS Black Shark, ... ?

arnahud2 is offline   Reply With Quote