View Single Post
Old 05-28-09, 03:51 PM   #182
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Just gave your mod a try and wow, really really nice. Gonna use this for some time. Just finished my first patrol. USS S-27 out of Manila. I only sank one ship Fortunately that one ship was a Ise Class BB! My lookouts spotted them coming almost directly at me. It only took a course change of about 45° to get the perfect firing position. It was a full task force doing about 18 - 20 kts so they had little chance of hearing me as I slowly turned and lay in waiting. Having a peek with the scope I saw 2 Ise BBs. 4 different cruisers of different types (one appeared to have a sub on it's deck!) and several destroyers. Being in a Sugar boat with only Mk. 10s I decide to let all 4 tubes fly at the nearest Ise. I probably could have got 2 cruisers but I wanted a BB, I also knew it could very likely shrug off 2 Mk. 10s.. and what about duds?? so all 4 at one target I let them fly and went deep. All 4 struck home and detonated. 3 leaving visible holes and a fire burning from the foremost turret. The ship started to slow and the TF left it behind, all but one DD which stayed on about 3 hours. When he left I could get close to the BB now doing 5 kts. It took another 5 hours and 3 torps for it to go down. A nice start to a new career I must say!

I did notice one bug upon returning to base though. The text and medal in on the awards screen showed I had recieved the Navy Cross, but when looking at the box in the office it shows the MoH :S

Last edited by Highbury; 06-02-09 at 01:28 PM.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote