View Single Post
Old 01-04-18, 07:18 AM   #5
Winjer
Swabbie

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0
Default Some small progress...

I have made some baby steps...

1. created basic English gauges (in feet, even if the first Lt still insists on reading everything out in meters) and made a terrible and to be improved job on some German translation. Laughable given that most translations were available in the tdc.

2. Modified the slide out dials mod to a single slide out of the compass. I could have updated the depth and other gauges, but IMO the main one is the compass)

3. Modified menu and background screens.

4. Removed officer hats.

5. Work in progress on a skin to make the type 7 look a bit like a u class. (It seems to fool the Luftwaffe!)

6. Created single missions where you play as British, and crew configs with English names.

I plan two “campaigns” at the moment, North sea / Norway and Med / Malta. Each will consist of sequential missions, and should start and end at base, the idea being that you play them in order, and on the “to do” list is to look at updating the crew config and possibly mission dates after each.

I included a pull out sub grid for use with the mission files. (Based on Tycho’s excellent grid XXXX - I just used the largest grid though, thinking it didn't matter if on a smaller grid the right hand side is unused).

I think that the ordered single missions might be a bit more appropriate than a campaign, as royal navy subs often did more specific work (eg agent insertion) than grid patrol. Which is kind of handy as I haven't a clue on modifying the campaign.

Is anyone interested in the work so far? I have worked on stock only, as every time I tried a modified mission with GWX it crashed, and all the other supermods are new to me. Plus, this royal navy mod doesn't really integrate with other mods very well. For example, there are loads of lovely different dials and interiors, but you can't really mix and match German mods with this one - hence the single slide out.