View Single Post
Old 01-02-18, 07:19 PM   #381
BaronVonFiutek
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Hi subsim and a happy new year
First of all. I'd like to admit that I'm amazed that such a great game I considered to be rather niche has such great community, which I'd love to be part of, but unfortunately my liking for WWII reach as far as simply enjoying sim games, so i will rather just be a leech and seek help.

When I first started playing this game I was a little kid with no knowledge about mechanics included, i just used to sit in front of pc with my dad next to me who said everything I had to do, there were submarines, there were torpedos going shuuuush, ships going BOOOM first and then glubglubglub into the ocean, thats really all i needed to enjoy it. Now, when i decided to return to this little gem it turned out that "little" isnt really an adequate word to describe its depth. So i played vanilla for quite a while, then found out about megamods, decided to give GWX a try and i love it. After modding it some more i got to know that there is a way to fit it on a 16:9 ratio screen instead of having those black rectangles on the sides. The point is, whether I start GWX with widescreen GUI the naval academy works just fine, but neither does campaign nor single missions(so i suppose it might be a problem with game's memory usage). It suprised me, since both MaGui's and Ahnenerbe's GUIs work when applied to vanilla versions and are said to be compatible with GWX. I tried 4GB patch, did nothing, tried DX9HiResFix, did nothing, tried downloading some d9d3 files and switching them in game directory, did absolutely nothing. So here's i come, asking for help, because having to choose between GWX and wideguis is hard and so many people got them working.

Now i'm running newly installed SH3 on Win10 (via Uplay) with GWX, JSGME included in GWX, 4GB patch, without the h.sie patch though, since i can't get it to patch .exe file.

Good hunting for all the Kaleuns out there in the new year

Last edited by BaronVonFiutek; 01-02-18 at 08:20 PM.
BaronVonFiutek is offline   Reply With Quote