Old 05-26-10, 12:35 PM   #1
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0
[REL] Conus' SH3GWX Widescreen Mod

SH3GWXWS 3.2

First of all let me point out a few facts:
The mod itself which allows the game to run in wide screen is NOT my idea. The ddl and config files were created by Rubini and Seeadler. I just built on their idea and buit complete wide screen interface with a few improvements of my own and some files from other modders. Thank you for developing it and allowing me build on it!

Secondly, I started this project for my personal use and didn't really intend to release it but with amounting time I've spent developing it I thought that I might share the result with the community. Because I started this project on my already modded SH3 I couldn't help it but to use graphic elements from other modders.
I would like to thank these following people because I used some of the graphic files or their portions in my mod:
Hitman
JCWolf
Karamazovnew

HanSolo78
Gentlemen,
(a) if you feel like I wronged you by using some of your elements and you would like them removed from the mod please let me know
(b) if used your gaphics but didn't credit you and you don't mind leaving it in the mod, please let me know as well

Lastly this mod includes (with his permission) Anvarts' GWX_SH4StyleFlag_fullModel with the flag textures replaced by mine to match the rest of the mod.

Ok, this being said, what is actually SH3GWX?

It is an mod which allows you to run SH3GWX in 1360x768 without stretching and distorting any images. Unfortunately there is no way how to make this mod to cover multi-resolutions (for people who run SH3GWX in other resolutions you may still use it but you MAY experience some weird graphic glitches). Also this mod is NOT compatible with any other mod with changes in Cameras.dat and menu_1024_768.ini.
The recent release is ver 3.2 but please note that there are no versions 1.0 - 3.1. The numbering was for my sole purpose of development and I will keep the first release under 3.2 because it will help me in making any changes in the future.

What can you expect in this mod?

-All loading screens and all background screens were resized (but not just stretched) to fit 1360x768
-Ranks and medals were replaced with better resolution ones
-All officers faces are modified stock icons, all petty officers and sailor icons were created from scratch
-The font used in messages screen was adjusted so small caps "j" is no longer being cut off
-All pull-out icons and order icons were completely re-created
-Pull-down flags list was re-created
-Recognition manual flags were replaced
-Small changes in the TDC files, bearing strip
-Binocular, Attack & Observation Periscopes and UZO view was replaced with historically accurate ones
-included my retextured Minnensucher
...multiple other small changes I lost track of.

Here is the D/L link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gmwvyzuxkuk

If you have any comments/suggestions/constructive criticism, all are welcome.
Hope you enjoy it.
Cheers,

-Libor

Few screenies

Last edited by conus00; 05-30-10 at 11:30 AM.
conus00 is offline   Reply With Quote