View Single Post
Old 06-18-18, 05:25 PM   #1061
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi V
Quote:
In the HSIE options selector there is a fix for internal torpedo reload where the crew can't perform reload when the uboat is surfaced or in a storm, I activated this but the crew always reload the torpedo, even when surfaced/in a storm,
Works for me.
Reloading needs to be done at 25 metres minimum depth before the crew will respond to internal loading in bad weather.
Make sure as this is important that you have an Officer in the Bow or Stern tubes when reloading is taking place.
I find there is no point in trying to attack, maintain depth, fire torpedoes in 15m/s wind speeds as the torpedoes always run deep.
Quote:
- I have ship auto identification on, how do I make the identified ship appear automatically in the recognition book without having to flip through all the ships?
IIRC you need to lock the target and click on the TDC the word showing "Ship".

Quote:
- How do I stop accurate ship markers from randomly popping up on the map? they make finding enemy ships too easy, almost effortless.
You would need to disable No Map Contact Update showing in the game play difficulty settings.

Another option is to use the GUI OLC Widescreen mod, IIRC this removes the map contacts and you just see a black dot or similar moving on the map and does not show the direction of travel or whether it is friend or foe.

Quote:
- The bunker-start mini mod doesn't seem to work, I still start the mission in the same spot, even tho Kiel has a uboat-bunker.
Works for me always from the bunker.

You need to go to SH3 Commander and Career Options.
Make sure the box "Start patrols at sea" is not ticked.

Quote:
- and last how do I stop the cheering band people at the port? they are annoying
Go to your main game folder\data\sounds and also LSH3 main mod\data\sounds where you will see Scripts for Crowds and Fanfares I think this is what you mean.

Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote