View Single Post
Old 05-06-08, 11:11 AM   #68
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7

This is how I figured the wind system, if someone knows better please call me a moron and explain correctly.
As you see this coordinate system in space(I know it's Cartesian but I don't know the right word) with x axis that is spreading in the ships direction, y axis is going up and z to the left of the ship(S..T, in the cross of the axis it's coordinates are x,y,z 0,0,0 so when I say spread in some direction it means that x is positive when going from 0 in the direction of the ship's stern and negative when going from the 0 in the direction of the ship's bow) .
Now, in properties of particle generators you have an windaffect number for the particles and wind properties for the whole thing. You can put number from 0-not affected by the wind to whatever(try if you like and know what to do) in windaffected number.
Now, wind properties for PG's consist of local and global x y z offsets. You should put 0, 0.1, 0.2 and so on to 1(don't know about other numbers, but I put 0,5, the smoke almost left the screen) into the xyz offsets. I tested a couple of times and didn't notice difference if you change local or global. The only thing I didn't do is to change them both :rotfl: . But, bear with me..
Now, in this mod y coordinate is affected, that meaning when wind is blowing the smoke will rise further.
So, to make smoke lean one way or the other, you have to change x and z. So, I added 0,1 to x and z in a hope when wind blows the smokes will be affected. And HOORAY, it leaned.. Until, I changed the weather direction from 0 to 180(opposite direction for you in the last thwart ) and hooray the smoke was leaning in the.. SAME DIRECTION..
I don't know about you but I find that ridicoulous.. So, basically everytime you have a wind the smoke will lean in the same direction regardless of that wind's direction. So, I left things the way they are.
On a pic that a6intruder shown on page 3(if I'm not mistaken) from dkruger you can see what will happen Cheers!

It is on Side 2 and shows the Bismarck with windaffected smoke.
kind regards.
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote