View Single Post
Old 02-03-16, 04:11 PM   #26
dashyr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 181
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Ruyter View Post
Could be the speed issue, I think I understand the AOB part of it. Of course, my estimate may be way off. I take their angle to me and subtract that from 360 to get my angle to them. If I see them at my 330, I put the AOB at 30, and I think I factored in the Starboard vs Port side of it. But I did not know about the tubes opening, I am probably getting a number of mistakes on the attack. I don't get much time to work on it with college and work and everything, so it may take me a while to figure this out.
I guess I am also hurrying things because I am trying to sink him in the first pass. I could stand to work on my stalking techniques, if I remember right it is a Mogami-class cruiser, so it is not like he is listening for me. That will have to be when I get some time, I will try to become comfortable in torpedo attacks before I actually try to take out the convoy.
In fact you must do exactly what you do but from the target' POV. The AOB is from the target, not you. if you got a perfect 90 angle on a enemy as an example. Following your logic the AOB would be 0. But from the target it would be 90. the correct aob in this scenario is 90. Another example if youre right behind the target ship AOB isnt 0 but 180

AOB must be understood as being at wich angle you would see you sub in relation of the bow of the ship if you were one of the poor souls of the target ship.

Last edited by dashyr; 02-03-16 at 04:20 PM.
dashyr is offline   Reply With Quote