View Single Post
Old 08-22-16, 09:09 AM   #1486
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
OK, hypothetical question for you guys. Say I was able to take a US ship and clone it into a Japanese ship. Say I got everything working correctly, but the ship still had an American flag waving from the mast. How would one change the American flag to Japanese?
The ship gets its identity form the Roster/(Nationality) folder. In your case, placing the appropriate .cfg file in the Roster/Japan/Sea folder will automatically have that asset use the Japanese flag and have it distinguished as an axis ship.

Keep in mind when making a clone ship, or any other cloned asset, all ID's in the .dat file for the model need to be changed. If you don't the possibility of having two ships with the same ID numbers will cause game CTD's (at worst) IF both assets show up in the same rendered scene. When changing ID's, don't forget to make the appropriate changes within the .sim, .zon, .dsd, files too. All will need to be changed to link the changed ID's to the other necessary functions of the asset.

If you do things correctly (and there's lots of things to check), you can have a completely cloned asset (ship, plane etc.) that won't interfere with other assets when rendered. It's then that the asset can have a name specifically different than another. I found something the other day that was a bit unsettling. When playing with auto-targeting, I was at Pearl and found a "xxxx Maru" tanker sitting in the harbor. Least that's with the naming system calling all tankers an "xxxx Maru". My point about add-on mods, is that there are un necessary outcomes to making changes that don't make sense.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote