View Single Post
Old 06-18-11, 02:21 PM   #1527
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

regarding crew: i thought maybe we can address new models somehow...? and use the ones from sh4 or sh5? is a try too hard to do? because simply changing the models causes the well known "destroyed model" ingame.

wolfpacks: as to my idea we need to get the ai boats let run routines. routines the ai uses for destroyers: an "search and destroy routine", so they attack and evade. but they also need to be able to dive and surface. there are some ai-boats already. dont know, who created them. but they exist and are functional. they attack with deckgun, but never fired torpedos. there the project got stuck.

an interaction with them would be the greatest thing. i dont know, how to get the ai calling a certain code fragment, that makes you receive a radio message when they sight an enemy. otherwise round would be great to get boats to your position, if you encounter a convoi.

maybe somewhere we find a hook in these ai-scripts, that lets us make them "send" a message - as there must be some triggers, which makes them call different tactics and routines. so if these "triggers" are existing, maybe we can use them for different "calls" of action/scripts.

tdw created some kind of dll injection code. i dont know, how helpful it might be for this complex job.

but i would help you, if you like to. although i am not experienced at all with this. i only know how the fx works in game and how to clone and assign different particle controllers, etc. so i know a bit about the coding structure of sh3 files.

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote