View Single Post
Old 09-14-17, 07:44 AM   #5302
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmialpha454 View Post
Thank you guys for all the obvious hard work you have put into this mod. I am really enjoying it.

The request: in a future update would you consider tweaking the radar? Specifically, could you make it where, if the radar is turned off, it remains off until the player turns it back on? When I submerge with my radar off and then surface it automatically turns the radar back on and I don't always think to check it and when near land or enemy warships I worry about it giving my presence away. Do you have any thoughts on it?

It's the SJ Radar.
Unfortunately the SJ Radar is as it is......it turns "off" if you go below the water surface with its Antenna. It turns "on" when its above the water line. When you are above the water line, you can manually turn it "off/on", but you'll have to do it every time you submerge/resurface.

The SD Radar in Fotrs Ultimate works differently due to a "command" used from the German side of play that allows it to turn "on/off" at the discretion of the player...as long as its Antenna is above the water line too.

The game has only three "commands" that contradict this behavior that could be used to make the SJ work as you would like.....however, they are already being used by the American subs. Without having a fourth "command" to make the SJ work separately from the SD in its "on/off" function, we can't do anything about its capabilities.

It so happens there are references to additional commands within the game.....but they are not "Active" in-game!?! Yep, the developers had plans to make additional functional commands which could have been used to do exactly what your requesting, but they don't have them linked to anything!! They are not "active"! And, without them being "active" their worthless. As a modder, we can only work with what we've got....this is one of those areas.

As a side note, the ST Radar Antenna in Ultimate does work as expected, due to it being linked to one of those three "commands" I was talking about. It's linked to the Night (Observation) Periscope and can be turned "on/off" by simply lowering the scope....even when the sub is surfaced. You'll get the ST Radar to operate the Radar Stations as expected which happens to make Fotrs Ultimate the only mod that works as designed. The Stock game doesn't have the ST work at all.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote