Old 08-28-17, 04:20 PM   #576
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Good findings guys, thank you for sharing them you are amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
I've found a photography showing the aspect of La Vieille lighthouse during the 1930-1940s years.

And if it can help you, there are also drawings with precise measures.

http://mnesys-portail.archives-finis...he_grandpublic
Excellent view!

As far as I can see from it, the lighthouse hasn't changed much during the last 80 years. The elevator tower (the one destroyed in 2008) is hidden behind the main lighthouse building in the picture but you can see the Termperly crane it housed, to the right of the lighthouse. Apparently, also the concrete hut on the same side of the lighthouse was already there (it probably housed transporter's motor), and the balcony towards the top of the lighthouse is clearly visible. My only complaint is that the picture doesn't show if the concrete house currently covering half of the gallery, was there in the 40s. Probably yes, but in any case I will set all the structures above as configurable equipments, so it will be easy "switching" them on and off.

Did you happen to find similar pictures of the Tourelle de La Plate.
As I have said in the past, I am not totally sure that its original painting featured the black/yellow stripes it sports now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Admiralty Charts of Scottish coasts, 1795-1963

http://maps.nls.uk/coasts/admiralty_charts_list.html

Browsing these gives an idea of chart symbols in use in 1940 on admiralty charts.

Regards,

MLF
I wish we had similar charts (and of that quality!) for other areas, including the West of France. In any case, chart symbols for buoyage, lighthouse and tower beacons (as La Plate), seem not to have changes much since then.
The problem with SHIII map icons, is that their resolution is too low and there is no way to increase. Asa consequence, making them to look smooth is not easy, and the more edges and thin lines they have, the worse they look. In any case I will do my best to draw a set of icons which resemble more closely the one seen on your maps

P.S: Work on La Plate "damage" models is finished. I am now importing the new meshes in game. Hopefully tomorrow there will be an update by me
gap is offline   Reply With Quote