Thread: Type IX/D2
View Single Post
Old 03-24-09, 07:53 PM   #22
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I stand by my statements and leave it to others to judge whether I have made my points well. I am satisfied that aside from misspelling propaganda, I did a pretty good job.

By the way, the book is excellent. It is the movie that is pitiful. And it is pitiful from a dramatic point of view, not photographic. It is the men who are unbelievable, not the machines. Many U-Boat veterans have made my exact point that the movie denigrates the men it is supposed to lionize. They don't consider themselves to be heroes anyway. While I respect them, I agree completely with their self-image. A hero must fight for a just cause. Theirs was evil to an extreme seldom seen in human enterprise.

Why do you find it necessary to make anatomical references (I'm surprised the illustrious auto-censor let that one fly. Two points for sneaking that one through.) or bring up the U-Boat vs. fleet boat angle, which was not even treated in my opinion of Das Boot? Misdirection is a tool of someone who has conceded the discussion and needs to change the subject. I'll let your conduct speak for itself.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 03-24-09 at 08:03 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote