View Single Post
Old 05-09-14, 09:49 AM   #19
Akotalaya
Sparky

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizwalker View Post
I've been running a Gar for my boat out of Pearl... and 1/3 allows me to stay submerged during daylight hours with about 40% of my battery remaining. I'm guessing that the 48 hour endurance is real world as opposed to game?

I started playing with the S-Boats out of Cavite.... They're rough.

Akotalaya, with the Gudgeon (A Gar class boat) I've found that she cannot go from Pearl to the home islands and back on one tank.... My first trip out, I tried handling her like I had been with my S-32 and, having kept an eye on my fuel state, I headed back at standard on the surface. At about the halfway point, I realized I wasn't going to make it unless I changed things... So, I reduced speed to 1/3 and adopted running submerged during the day and on the surface at night. I managed to limp into Midway, refuel and head back to Pearl at standard, on the surface. Since then, I refuel at Midway after a surface run, and then proceed to my patrol area at 1/3, with daylight hours submerged and night time surfaced. Even still you really have to keep a close eye on your fuel state. Once you hit the 50% mark you really have to think about heading back to the barn (probably sooner if you're farther out than Kyushu). Hope this helps!

Torpx, I'll have to pick up those mods... (currently only running the radio ones...if they can be considered mods!)

so far on full realism runnign at around 9 kts i have gotten the gar to reach a maximum range of 21,000 nm..she has been a decent boat to me so far, ill see what the performance under water is when i run into a ship!
Akotalaya is offline   Reply With Quote