Old 07-15-18, 07:13 AM   #6336
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
guys,

i searched this thread for a previous post and did not find one so i am posting this. my apologies if it is a known issue.

the medals appear to be out of sync. after the first career-patrol, i was awarded the navy cross (from the commendation text). the large medal in the middle of the screen was a CMoH. and the small medal to the left (where all of the patrol awards hang) appeared to be a bronze star.

is this something i can fix?
yes, i did a clean install prior to FOTRSU.

mb
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.71_PublicBeta_E N
3 MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5
8 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
You apparently have "mod soup"...….Ultimate does not use the Congressional Medal of Honor in it's line-up of medals at all.

The kind of issue you're seeing can be produced with the Stock game. The developers had just about every conceivable thing screwed up with the medals.....wrong "order" of award category's (you'd get a Purple Heart when it should have been a Bronze Star); wrong medal image with written citation; wrong left hand smaller image when compared to the larger center image; wrong medal shown in the Captain's Office Medal box, etc. It was a mess!!

The Congressional Medal of Honor and Navy Distinguished Service Medal was removed from the Stock game within Ultimate (least it's supposed to have been).

The Navy Distinguished Service Medal as the actual criteria which reads "...of exceptionally meritorious service to the government in a duty of great responsibility". In my opinion, this criteria does not hold true of a sub Captain, and especially not of an enlisted crewman. What I have found is the medal is usually bestowed to senior "Navy Flag and Marine Corps General Officers", not rank and file sub Captains, and definitely not to an enlisted man, unless he happened to be on Nimitz's "personal" staff of high enlisted rank (you know, the guy who "get's the coffee", or runs for the Admiral when he's needed!). The removal of the Congressional Medal of Honor was done because of my personal belief that the award would not be issued for merely the calculation of shipping sunk, no matter how high the total.

You listed your mods as:
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.71_PublicBeta_E N
3 MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5
8 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)

All three are known to me (of course), and they should not create an issue together.....Especially not regarding the Award System. But I do have a question? What's the "3" in front of the MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5; or the "8" in front of 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)?

Besides that, I only request you to clear out your Documents/SH4 folder and do not reuse an older "saved" game that may have the Stock game medal scripts in play.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote