View Single Post
Old 03-20-17, 07:11 AM   #4312
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Noticed when at radar depth with the SD radar turned on, closing airplanes are first plotted as squares until they come into visible range, however, at radar depth there are no lookouts on the conning tower and I did not raise my periscope, so how could these airplanes be visible?
That's how the game works. The Navigation Map doesn't just show only visual contacts....made by the Crew Watch standing on the Bridge. Planes detected solely by Radar will show there too. After all, before a working/usable SJ PPI Radar screen was put into the game, the stock games idea of how to show an SD plane contact was to put it onto the Navigation Map as you described. As long as you're at Radar Depth, with the SD Radar turned "On", you'll get a Navigation Map displaying the planes where abouts.

I'm changing some things with the SJ Radar to produce the proper "blip" for a plane on the PPI/A-Scope radar screens. I allowed some of FOTRS's old parameters to get into the radar files (I was trying to oblige them with letting their parameters stay intact) but, that's a mistake. Their Radar parameters don't allow for the SJ to pick up planes....they will in the next update.

Quote:
Also, when you request nearest visible target, these airplanes are selected!
Great, that's how it should be! The idea of "visible" is a stretch.....I'll change it to "Nearest Detectable Target".

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote