View Single Post
Old 12-10-17, 08:44 PM   #1
yyzBegonia
Gunner

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 1
Default Realistic ships density?

I just started a new career with FOTRSU. It's sooooo cool, the huge variety of ship types really relieves me from been bored by previous-used RSRD's few types of cliche...
There is basically only one thing I'm not very fond of... I started career from the beginning of 1942, made a 2-weeks patrol. In the mere week I encountered with 2 merchants and one super convoy, made me earned over 20,000 tonnage of kill After I back to the base I checked the ACE list and I found that I'm at the top with over 20k tons, while the second one only got 5k tons lol It seems as if I am the super hero of America, cool. But that's not what I expect...... If you check the historical diary you may find that the chance of a submarine encounter a ship is most rare, especially the first two years of the war. Skippers usually spend months with nothing to do, and that's why they became so ecstatic when they find one. I found that in RSRD the ship density had been greatly reduced from stock, however, still higher than history. I don't know if the game code allowed developers to modify the ship and convoy's spawn mechanics, but I still hope there could be an optional mod to reduce the ship density in FOTRSU, at least to the RSRD's level... That will be a great improvement to immersion!

Last edited by yyzBegonia; 12-10-17 at 09:38 PM.
yyzBegonia is offline   Reply With Quote