View Single Post
Old 09-03-10, 12:41 PM   #26
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf U-57 View Post
I would just like to tell you about a problem I started having today. I have not played SH3 for two weeks now but today I Re-started a career.
I played for about 2 hours then saved the game left the computer for a couple of hours on my return I decided to again continue the game but half way through the Main game load not the career load it CTD?. As I have changed nothing other than the GME to your latest version this was my first area of concern so I un-installed the mods and then without changing anything re-installed them and away the game went.
I put it down to having a bad install the first time I played on and again save it on returning to the game yes you guessed it CTD in the same load place. I again un-installed the mods and re-installed them and again the game loaded fine. So I un-installed the new version of JSCME and re-used a earlier version of JSCME it started ok but on the re-save load again it failed So I re-installed the game and also loaded an earlier game save folder then re-installed one of earlier version of JSCME I had saved (2.4.0.145) and all is good now Touch wood.
So I just wanted to bring this to your attention I’m not saying there is anything wrong with your new version Just that for some reason I had these CTD’s and also a corrupt game folder when I tried to use it

I’m Using Windows 7 64bit
When this happens, you should disable all mods and run the game again. If the game works, then you know it's your mod(s) at fault, not JSGME. Remember, all JSGME does is copy files from one location to another, both of which are determined by the user.

Keep in mind that you should not enable or disable mods while in the middle of a patrol. If you do, all bets are off.

Last edited by JScones; 09-03-10 at 12:59 PM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote