View Single Post
Old 03-29-19, 05:46 PM   #1
glilley
Loader

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0
Default Another Win10Pro, No-DVD, CTD Question

I know I saw a thread talking about a Win10 CTD after what was a good load but I can't seem to find it so here goes:

- I've go a new Dell Inspiron 3670 with Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.8GHz, 12GB installed RAM

- Display adapter NVIDIA Geforce GT 730 2GB GDDR5 with most recent drivers (3/15/19)

This PC is new and has never had SH3 installed on it until now

Closed all running apps and stopped AV

Loaded SH3 from DVD (ver 1.0 with Starforce) to D: as admin and the install created SilentHunterIII dir (d:\SilentHunterIII). Canceled GameShadow and did not register. Good

Next, installed silent_hunter_3_dvd_1.4b_us.exe to patch to 1.4. Good

Ran Starforce removal tool (sfdrvrem.exe) on both D: and C: and the tool did not any protection drivers to remove - odd. I know this tool works because I used it on my XP SP3 box yesterday to set up a no-DVD install and it worked fine. Guess this is good.

Next, unzipped rld-sh14.rar and replaced all five original files in D:\SilentHunterIII with the unzipped ones. Same ones that work fine in my XP box. Good

Rebooted PC and right clicked sh3.exe, properties/compatibilty and selected compat. mode for Win7 and selected to run program as admin.

Launched game, got through the Ubisoft and sh3 intro movies (esc from them to move on) and completed the silent hunter load screen with the red progress bar at bottom. Screen then goes black for 3-4 seconds then I am back at the desktop. I even tried setting compat at WinXP SP2 & 3 with no luck.

My event log for Windows/Application shows Exception code: 0xc0000005, Faulting module path: D:\SilentHunterIII\Sound.act.

Am I just holding my mouth wrong? Any help would be appreciated!
glilley is offline   Reply With Quote