View Single Post
Old 01-05-18, 02:14 PM   #19
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1_Division View Post
Gonna echo C-Wolf, here. We've got plenty of subs without the red paint and they look great. With the playable subs mod, I actually typically like the Soviet subs more because they look better without it (Akula and Victor series, IIRC).

I mean, we could add all kinds of pretty designs and shark teeth and whatever for "nicer game visuals", but that'd just be silly, because at the end of the day, nice game visuals are whatever make the experience the most immersive and enjoyable.

If you just use what looks good - well, everyone has different definitions of that. But there's only one design that looks real. And that is, therefore, the best design for an immersive and enjoyable experience.

...'cause man do I want to see that slick black design stealthing along underneath polar ice caps. Honestly I think the solid black color looks great to emphasize the feeling that the entire ship, mast to keel, is designed for stealth.

At the very least, perhaps the base files the textures were made from so modders got something they can make an all-black hull from?

Don't mean to sound harsh, though. I've spent 17 hours on this game in the 3 days I've had it. It's too good. And it got me to dust off an old account I haven't touched in some-odd ten years just to ping its forums here. Kudos.
Just gonna go hard devil's advocate on this and say that what's most real is staring at the inside of a submarine all day

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote