Old 04-23-12, 08:27 PM   #3
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
OK, why?
I run it on 3 computers, my HTPC, a gateway all in one touchscreen computer, and my Fujitsu th700 tablet (note that Microsoft calls convertible laptops tablets, and iPad like devices slates)

My overall impression is that windows 8 is FAST, I mean seriously fast.
My Fujitsu at factory settings would boot in 2 minutes on windows 7, it now boots in less than 1. And that is even after I installed the Fujitsu applications on my windows 8 computer (fujitsu, unlike most computer companies actually bundle useful stuff with their computers)

Touchscreen support is amazing, it just smokes windows 7 by far. The virtual keyboard is probably the best out there(much, much better than the laggy piece of crap that came with windows 7, far better than my dad's Motorola xoom or my mom's blackberry playbook)

Windows 8 is surprisingly low on ram usage, and that is with quite a few programs running in the back.

The new IE is great! Much, much better than what Firefox has become. Pinch to zoom is actually good now (unlike both ie9 and chrome)

I always loved live tiles, since windows phone. And now live tiles in windows 8 is even better. It is much, much better than the sidebar in vista or the widgets in andriod.

Explorer has gotten a full overhaul. The new explorer is something I like very much, now you can actually PAUSE file transfers now!

Metro is actually one of the weakpoints. Its not that metro itself is bad, it is simply that integration of metro and the traditional desktop that is not as good as the rest of the system.

I hate to say this but KDE really needs to step up its game now. I mean, after years of staying ahead, it is actually at risk of being overtaken now.