View Single Post
Old 07-03-15, 06:23 AM   #34
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

I fear that if Das Boot is SH3/GWX then Bride of Das Boot will be stock SH5.

I can not imagine a reboot of the Boot being anything less then a Special Effects/CGI fiest.

The other posters here bring up the cogent points

1. There are plenty of other Uboat/Fleet Sub stories that could be filmed
2. But since Das Boot is a known entity, the producers will milk off that familiar image instead of taking the chance on another story.

We have to keep in mind that probably over 90% of the movie viewers would ask "what is a wahoo? Never heard of that." Remember that WWII was a very long time ago and most people only have a cursory knowledge of the major events.. if that.

Maybe they could get Jar Jar Abrams to do a remake of Das Boot like he did with Star Trek? In Jar Jar's universe, the Uboat was involved in the Pearl Harbor attack, but at the last moment, decided to fight on the American side. But since the Americans don't know this, the Uboat is hunted by both sides.

Using their Tippy Top Totally Secret "Raupe" drive, the Uboat is able to evade capture and their heroic service to humanity will for ever remain secret... until this movie comes out.

What is sad is that while I am trying to be silly, there was probably a screenwriter working on this as we speak.